When I first met Katie and Travis during their engagement session last spring, I knew their wedding was going to be a fun time. During their engagement session we did fun photos on the golf course where Travis laid on the ground and Katie pretended to hit a golf ball off the tee that was in his mouth. So great! A clear sign that they were easy going and fun-loving.
They are both generous, kind spirited individuals who were made for one another. They are also a 'blue blood' family because Travis is a police officer! Katie is constantly talking about how proud she is of Travis and fully supports his line of work. It's not easy being related, let alone married to a police officer, but she wears the title proudly and for that I love them even more! (If you know me, you know how much I love the policing/ emergency responder community).
Their wedding day was filled with so much love and a lot of rain! God bless Katie and Travis because despite the rain, we still managed to drive around in golf carts on the property for bride & groom portraits!
Some highlights from their day that I love include:
- Their wedding bands that look so stinkin' good together
- That their last name is Queen. How awesome is that?!
- Katie's DIY sparkling blue shoes (Okay, I officially have a thing for sparkly shoes)
- The Ring Bearer wearing a 'Ring Security' shirt and dancing to Drake's 'Jumpman'
- The total down pour that did not stop Katie & Travis from allowing outdoor photos on the golf course.
- A full dessert buffet with most of the deliciousness made by Katie's G-Mom. (And the fact that they cut an ice-cream cake!)
- Their sweetheart table that featured the cute little tree slice I gave them (crying)
- The appearance of Michael Jackson (see below)
- How happy they looked all day long!
A big thanks to all the vendors who helped put together this spectacular day! And, a special thanks to Raelynn who helped me during the down pour and captured some really special moment throughout the day!
Hair & Makeup- Christy Sawa
DJ- Carlos Silva
Day of Coordinator- Kari Patchek
Flowers- Jennifer McLaughlin